The Shrewsbury Big Town Plan Partnership is a new collaborative approach in the way that Shrewsbury and its key partners are working together to plan, prioritise and deliver.
A focused and cohesive approach is fundamental to the delivery of the actions and priorities identified in the Shrewsbury Big Town Plan and this role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of this transformative and ambitious plan. The three main partners Shropshire Council, Shrewsbury Town Council and Shrewsbury BID are co-ordinating their resources and skills to achieve this shared vision for the benefit of the town.
About the Role
We wish to appoint an experienced and forward-thinking Independent Chair to facilitate the work of the Partnership Board taking the Big Town Plan through its next stage of development and into delivery. The role is primarily internal facing and we do not expect the Chair to be a spokesperson for the Partnership.
Hours: Up to 10 hours a month
Accountable to: Shrewsbury Big Town Plan Partnership Board
Term: 3 years
• Chairing and facilitating bi-monthly Partnership Board Meetings
• Developing strong relationships with Big Town Plan team, partners and stakeholders
• Reviewing outcomes and evaluating the delivery and impact of the Partnership
• Periodically discussing board members’ roles and developing their performance
• Acting as an ambassador and champion for the Partnership
• At least 3 years’ experience as a non-executive director or leadership position on a Board
• Demonstrated leadership and involvement in the business sector
• Experience of bringing together partners and working in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Experience in financial and budget management
• Diplomacy skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application by 27th May 2019 by sending your CV and covering letter (up to 2 sides) on your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org